II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Friends


Romans 12 Love one another with brotherly affection.


On my first trip to Israel I planned a fourteen day travel itenerary. Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, Caessarea, Netanya, Jaffa, the Dead Sea, Galilee....I did not know a single person in this country. It was a quest. And a disaster.


It is only when I come here that it seems that every trip has it's own purpose. Each trip unique in the story it has to tell. Every time a new lesson to learn.


This trip is no different, in that it is also different, if you get it. I haven't seen a single "site". Not one shopping trip. No one tour.


I had written several days ago that in preparation for this trip the Lord had been speaking to me specifically about building up relationships on this trip. So it should be no surprise that "relationships" are knocking on the door at Shevet Achim.


On my first night in the house it was so good to see the staff and volunteers here, new and old. It felt like coming home to a family that you have missed. Last night I was surprised by a visit from Chrissie, Rafi, Fita and their new baby Mark. Tonight my friend Khaled came by for tea and a long talk.


It is comforting to me that my Lord knows and prepares me for what lies ahead.


Again He is expanding my boundaries. Not just geographically. He is expanding the boundary of my heart. Giving me opportunities to learn hospitality. And who better to teach hospitality than the middle eastern people. Gracious. Affectionate. Transparent. Welcoming. They show genuine smiles, warm hugs and sweet kisses on each cheek.


Love one another with brotherly affection.


Father I love you. I love You for teaching us daily about tender affection for one another. I love these beautiful souls that You are planting in my life. Teach me Father to be a faithful friend. Honest. Hospitable. Trustworthy.


I can't wait to see who shows up at the door tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment