II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Honor


Exodus 20 Remember the Sabbath day,to keep it holy.


Shabbat Shalom from Jerusalem!


Today I received an honor from Gaddy who is our Latvian Christian Jewish co-worker at Shevet Achim. He asked me to light the Shabbat candles for our meal. Just another "to do before I die" crossed off the list. What a memory to treasure.


Only in Jerusalem can a girl from Alabama along with two other American believers join a Muslim background believer, a Jew from Latvia and a Christian from Singapore for a Shabbat meal. I am overwhelmed with the goodness of the Lord toward us.


Every day since I have been here there has some moment during the day when I have been given a treasure. A jewel. An honor. What have I done to deserve such extravagant gifts? Who am I to be granted permission to light candles for Shabbat? Who is sufficient for these things?


Father thank You for giving me a lowly existence. Thank You for the simple life that I have led. For how could I have ever appreciated the wonder that I have found in You and in the adventure of the life that You have provided for me without living the life of the lowly. I am grateful that I have not known great wealth or great knowledge. I am thankful that I was raised in such a small town because it allows me to look at the world with a child like excitement. Thank You also for my education, for leading me in that direction and showing me the wonder of science. Thank You for expanding the boundaries of my mind, my heart, my culture and my thinking.


Thank you Lord for this adventure that I have found in You. You RULE Lord :)

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh YES! Who are we that God is mindful of us? SOOOO agree with you on this!!! Love you and miss you, but sounds like this trip is a blessing upon blessing - praise the Lord our gracious God!

    Love,
    Margo

    ReplyDelete