II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Worshippers


Revelation 4 HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come! And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who is seated on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crown before the throne, saying, Worthy are You, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they existed and were created.


This morning as the choir was singing I was sitting in my seat listening to the words of their song and my heart started to pound, my pulse raced, my breath quickened, my eyes teared and as they started to sing...


When I come before His presence I humble myself; I lift up both my hands and I begin to worship Him. I worship Him.....For what He's done for me.....Redeemed and set me free.....Just because.....Just because You are God.


I found myself on my feet, both hands up high, tears streaming down my face, shaking from head to toe....worshipping Him. For what He's done for me.


John 19 As He was drawing near-already on the way down the Mount of Olives-the whole multitude of His disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen, saying, Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest! And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Him, Teacher, rebuke Your disciples. He answered, I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.


That is how I felt this morning. When Jesus comes near, when we see what He has done, when we realize who He is, praise should be our natural response. Worship is in response to being in His presence.


Why do you think it is so important to worship?


Maybe part of the answer to this is that it brings our hearts, our minds, our souls into agreement with His. When we worship our focus is on Him and what He has done. We acknowledge His worth. We stand face to face with what He has accomplished. And He does everything with excellence. In those moments we honor Him for who He IS. We bring ourselves into a place of humility before Him. We assume our rightful role and we agree that He is worthy of our praise.


If you want to see me weep openly, ask me about what He has done for me. He brought me back from the dead. He saved me. Literally. Physically. Emotionally. Spiritually. Financially. ENTIRELY. I was dead to everything. He became my life. He is my good. He is my restorer, my Helper, My Savior. He is everything. And He is worthy.


Worship is our acknowledgement of who He is and what He is worth. To us.


Father how can we ever measure Your worth? The universe itself can never contain Your glory. May our lives reflect the gratitude that we feel in our hearts for what You have done for us personally. I don't know what You ever saw in me Father but I am eternally grateful that You loved me. You loved me enough to make Yourself known to me, to engage in a relationship with me, to begin to do a work of change in me and when this life is over, when this flesh has failed, You will bring me safely into Your kingdom and into Your care for all of eternity. If you had done nothing but that, it would have been too much. But You give more and more and more.


For what He's done for me. I worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment