II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Relationship


Philippians 4 For I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.


Are there any greater joys on this earth than peace with others and contentment within ourselves? The lack of these has been one the greatest difficulties in my life. Peace and contentment seem to ebb and flow according to the circumstances that I find myself in.


So where exactly do we find peace?


Isaiah 26 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You.


Never is this more of a struggle for me than when I am in Israel. Maybe it is because there is so much at stake for me there.


I am returning to Israel this weekend and in my attempt to get "real" with the Lord I will ask Him, for He is the only one who knows, How do I find peace and contentment in my life in every situation? How do I keep my mind stayed on You?


This is where He must be more to us than words on a page. He must be real. He cannot just be a wonderful story in book.


So in answer to my question He leads me to the book of Matthew.


Matthew 11 Go tell John what you see; the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is the one who is not offended by Me....What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind? What then did you go out to see? A man dressed in soft clothing? Behold, those who wear soft clothing are in kings' houses. What then did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet...But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places and calling to their playmates, We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.


What did you go out into the wilderness to see, Connie? I have already healed the blind, the deaf, the lepers and raised the dead. I have already given the Good News. What then did you go out to see? Were you looking for a soft place to land? A prophet to perform wonders and miracles? Were you hoping to find peace and contentment on the streets of the Old City? Do not think childishly. Do not say, I played the flute and no one danced.


You will not find Me in Jerusalem or anywhere else until I cannot be found by you in everything. You will not find Me by working for Me or writing for Me.


You find Me in a relationship.


Day by day. Until I become more to you than anything else you will never find true contentment and peace because I made you that way. You cannot cultivate these things within yourself, they are gifts that flow from My Spirit abiding within you.


I have prepared everything for you. All you need to do is walk in Me. Live and breathe in Me. Draw strength from the relationship with Me. I am peace and contentment. It is not found. It is lived.


I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.


From Frances J Roberts' Come Away My Beloved For when I am to you more precious than all else; and when you love Me more than you love any other, then shall you know complete satisfaction.


Father as I prepare to leave, as I am packing my suitcases, would you place in my heart the gifts that You would have me bring to Shevet Achim, the things that You have desired. Laughter. Joy. Peace. Happiness. Contentment. Worship. Willingness. Love. Send with me the gifts of the Spirit and the ability to let You move in out of my life freely and abundantly.


Father you know this heart of mine and how it is diligently seeking You. Thank You for being found Lord. Thank You for showing me my heart and Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment