II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Measure


Luke 7 And Jesus said, Simon, I have something to say to you. And he answered, Say on, Teacher.


A certain moneylender had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. When they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love him more? Simon answered, The one, I suppose, for whom he cancelled the larger debt.


I wonder....is my love for Him reflected in my life? Do I reveal to the world the enormity of the debt that has been forgiven me? Can others see in me just how grateful I am to Him who has made me free?


Or would you suppose by the love I show Him that He must have forgiven a very small debt to me?


Then turning to the woman He said to Simon, Do you see this woman?


I entered your house; you gave me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave Me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss My feet. You did not anoint My head with oil, but she has anointed My feet with ointment. Therefore, I tell you her sins, which are many, are forgiven-for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.


Sometimes we are ungrateful by nature, I think. Maybe as American we have become accustomed to fair treatment or we expect a lot and give a little in return. But this is not the way of Christ. And it should not be the way for those of us who claim the name of Christ.


He has forgiven us much.


We owe Him much in return.


Does it show?


Father You have been so good to Your children. Give us the gift of gratitude. Thank You for the Holy Spirit who reminds us that we owe our lives, our freedom, our salvation, our very being to You. I want my life to reflect back to You the gratitude that is owed to You. You have forgiven me an enormous debt and I want to offer You an enormous love.

No comments:

Post a Comment