II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Restoration


Psalm 23 The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul.

Last night all of my bunkmates were gone for the night and for the first time in my adult life I slept until one o'clock in the afternoon. I could not believe it. I have never felt so refreshed. It was unfortunate that I had a meeting at Christ Church at one o'clock. Hopefully she will forgive me and we will reschedule.

So since I missed my appoitment I was invited to go to the Old City with some new friends. The Church of the Redeemer was hosting a German Christmas Market. Yay! Afterwards we went to Papa Andreas for refreshments. It is a cafe in the middle of the Christian Quarter that is on an upper level veranda overlooking the city, facing the Mount of Olives. And later we took a walk down Christian Quarter Road and I visited with my friend Zack who is the owner of an antiquities shop which also sells olive wood and beautfil jewelry. It was so good to see him and to see some picures of his new baby. After dinner we watched Fiddler on the Roof.

Again I am faced with the truth about why the Lord brought me here this time. This entire trip has been about building relationships. Being kind of shy and sometimes awkward in social situations I was a little apprehensive about this but it has been so much fun.

I feel a deep sense of peace in this trip and I hope that this is a reflction of knowing that I am where the Lord has chosen for me to be at this time. So when I miss Ken or the kids, and I do very much, I also can rest in knowing that they are in the care of the only One that I can trust. He has purposed this time and I am in His care and so are they.

He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

I could never have imagined the way that He is expanding my life. I am finding Him unpredictable in a lovely way. It is as if He is enchanting me, courting me. He is delightful to me. I feel like a child in a fairy tale life. I feel incredibly grateful and honored.

You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows.

Father I love you so much. I love the way You are opening life up to me. Thank You for this amazing opportunity. I pray that You would protect and bless those that my heart loves and bring us safetly back together before Christmas. Protect my son as he serves his country in distant places, give him adventure Lord and expand his boundaries.

1 comment: