II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Supplies


Romans 15 For Macedonia and Achaia have been pleased to make some contribution for the poor among the saints at Jerusalem. For they were pleased to do so, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have come to share in their spiritual blessings, they ought also to be of service to them in material blessings.


I am falling in love again with all the attributes of my Father, my friend. His traits are altogether lovely. He is mercy, faithfulness, truth, gentleness, kindness. He is fair and He is practical. Yeah, He's practical.


I arrived safely in Tel Aviv, Irael at Ben Gurion last night, although for about 3 hours overs the ocean I was not sure I was going to. It was "bumpy" and I was traveling alone. I didn't cry but I got "prayed up" as we say. It felt good to land. It felt good to land here. Almost familiar now. An easy check in to this country that I find myself to drawn to. I was picked up by Mary, Donna and Gaddy and we made the drive together up to Jerusalem :) which I love. A warm Israeli night. Pleasant. New friends. Old friends.


Dinner was a fabulous homeade chicken soup that they could not have known how much I needed. I am still nursing a cold. I was introduced to three of the children and their mothers at beditme meds but I'm jet lagged so we can't really count that as a proper introduction. They have been told that the US nurse is here. The "sister" in Kurdish.


This trip is different already. I left about 40 pounds of useless personal things at home this time and opted to bring some much needed supplies. Maybe I am growing up, a little. Forty pounds worth, anyway. It is an odd assortment that we unpacked. Some medications, blankets, donated clothes, some medical equipment, hot chocolate and toilet paper "to go" :)


So after a much needed shower, greetings, introductions and ambrosia for dinner, I settle in with my new roomies and hope to hear something quick from the Lord :) I am very tired. I just happen to pick up where I left off yesterday in Romans and find these verses...


For Macedonia and Achaia have been pleased to make some contribution for the poor among the saints at Jerusalem. For they were pleased to do so, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have come to share in their spiritual blessings, they ought also to be of service to them in material blessings.


Only God can breathe out Scripture that is useful. Every day. In every situation. Only He can know what we will need to find in Scripture every day. In every situation. That is a miracle. That He meets us in His Word every time is a miracle. Just another reminder that He sees us. He knows us. He understands us and what we are facing. He forgives us when we're tired and we say Lord speak quickly, I'm fading. He can say so much in a moment.


I owe a debt to the forefathers of this land. To them were given the Words of Life. They received through the work of the Holy Spirit, through the life of Jesus Christ and through encounters with God the Father, the Holy Scriptures. And their hearts were hardened so that we might be grafted in. We owe our very lives to them. We owe them our salvation in a way.


They owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have come to share in their spiritual blessings, they ought also to be of service to them in material blessings.


And with that thought I am able to drift gratefully to sleep.


It is morning now even though my body is telling me it is not. Day one of a new adventure here. Another journey into my life and walk with the Lord and I cannot wait.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, my dear one (sister). Just simply beautiful and heart-warming.
    And God is also so good, to show me, again, this related scripture!!! I just read in 1 Cor 16 just a few hours ago, very similar words Paul wrote.
    I love you, and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete