II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Heavenly


John 3 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I told you heavenly things?


Good question.


I wonder....How much of what we read in the Bible do we truly believe? It is my prayer that when I read the Scriptures that I believe them in the same way that I believe, say, the law of gravity. I think it is essential for me to do so. Because if I doubt peices of it, I cannot trust any of it.


I believe that it is God's breath, true in its entirety and without error.


I refuse to believe that it is metaphorical or fallible. It is I who am fallible. If there is an error it is in my thinking. If it seems unclear it is because I am spiritually blind.


In this land where Scriptures are studied, debated, argued, fought over and died for, I find this principle for myself. I must hold to what is unshakable within me. I cannot allow myself to be swayed by every new thought that is presented or every revelation that has been received by another. I too seek truth. I too desire wisdom, knowledge and understanding. But especially here in Israel it seems that every person has strong ideas of who God is, how He thinks and what is pleasing to Him.


I love this conversation between Nicodemus and Jesus, it is one of my favorites. Straight to the point truth between the Son of God and the teacher of Israel. It is simple yet profound. And for me, for today, I want simple truth, simple faith. Like a child.


Father I love being here, hearing the different languages and opinions and thoughts. Help me to be receptive to truth and to have discernment between truth and opinion. Keep me from being drawn into religious debates or theology that is not profitable for me at this time. Speak into my heart Your words of life. Lead me into the knowledge of who You are and what You want me to be.


No one has ascended into heaven except He who descended from heaven, the Son of Man...He who comes from above is above all. He who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks in an earthly way. He who comes from heave is above all.


Speak Father and speak clearly to my heart all that You would have for me. I trust in You. I believe in You. Father help my unbelief as well. I trust in Your word and I desire to hear from You heavenly things.


And please forgive me, my spell check does not work in Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment