II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Knapsack


Luke 22 And He said to them, When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything? They said, Nothing. He said to them, But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack.

One of my favorite truths from the Lord is this...Whatever He is calling you to do or to be, you are adequate. You are enough. For the things that He calls us to He equips us for.

This afternoon I spent some time putting away the outdoor summer furniture and getting things ready for the winter and while I was in the basement I found a large, old leather knapsack. I was so excited and a little surprised because I have never seen it before. I'm sure that Ken sneaked it in from some garage sale or thrift store and had no idea that I would want it but once I checked it for spiders and found that every zipper and clasp was in working order I took it upstairs and filled it with my writing supplies, favorite books, attached my water bottle to the outside and put my passport inside. It is my new blogging knapsack :) Sweet.

Looking at it now I wonder....If I had to put everything that was essential for a trip in this backpack would it be possible? What if it was an overnight trip? What if it was a long weekend trip? Well next week Ken and I leave for an overnight trip to Charlotte and I plan to pack only this knapsack. I want to see what is really essential for me to have to make it through a couple of days.

My thought is to apply this same principle to my life, my house and my walk with the Lord. What do I know to be absolutely true and what things are essential to me? I want to learn to live with less clutter in my mind, my house and in my travels.


So for today my absolute truth will be the knowledge that anything He calls me to do He will equip me for and I will be found lacking in nothing. The clutter that I will choose to get rid of today is the lie that I am inadequate. I will choose to believe that He has made me sufficient. I will put that into the knapsack and pack it away for later for it is essential to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment